A small friend asked for help in writing stories assigned as homework. Here is the exercise I supplied:
The Six-Sentence Story
1. Tell who is in the story.
2. Tell where the story is set.
3. Something happens!!
4. It really matters, because...!!!
5. The hero/ine does something about it.
6. How it all comes out.
1. Describe some nouns.
2. Make verbs exciting.
3. Make the hero/ine interesting.
4. Vary the length of the sentences.
5. Try changing the order of the sentences.
Stay tuned. I might try writing some of these myself - would you like to, too?