Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Open door

This morning I spotted an awful lot of front doors propped open all along the shopping strip near my home. It's a gorgeous day out and of course, I'm sure everybody's trying to lure in Easter shoppers, but it also struck me that we're in that never-never land of early spring:

Fresh enough to want that good air inside the store

Cool enough not to lose air conditioning outside the store

This time of year and the fall are my favourites, and not just because I enjoy showing off a good cardigan (which I don't have at the moment, but we won't go there.)

Spring especially is a time when people are just so happy to have what they have, and so welcoming of what's to come. How often can you say that?

Plus: imminent chocolate. Everybody wins!

1 comment:

Erika Mulvenna said...

This is indeed great weather! I had every single window in the house open yesterday, it was wonderful.