Monday, May 19, 2008

Interruption Interrupted

Well, I had a good run there for a few days: the last gasp of the best procrastination project ever, combined with actual writing. The only sad moment was the loss of Active Fish, who lasted all of nine days under my care.

But on the bright side: the best procrastination project ever is pretty much done! Yep, believe it or not, the yard above used to be all grass, where it wasn't dirt. Okay, it was mostly dirt. And now it's a giant vortex of time-consuming garden potential, complete with topiary clipping, weeding, planting, dividing, and maybe even watering tasks to choose from, though I did try to choose drought-resistant plants. And I did pretty much all of it on my own. Go me (or rather, go biceps!)

2 comments:

Karen said...

You know, for a Procrastination Exercise, it's awfully pretty!

Mary Keenan said...

It's pretty, and also it's laid over tree roots - which means that every year I'll be able to revisit it by resetting the stones. I plan long-term ;^)