Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stuck in my head

Everyday tortures:

Ever since I read this, I've wanted strawberry jam on cream cheese on toasted (but fresh-baked!) bread. Without being able to do it.

The other night I watched Jay Leno interview some girl from some reality show. He asked her to name, in 1 minute, 5 songs that Frank Sinatra made famous so as to underscore how unintelligent she is. I couldn't name 5 Frank Sinatra songs in 1 minute either, and I still can't, in spite of years of listening to Frank and his peers and watching their movies. Yet I keep trying.

Finally saw Talk of the Town. How did I miss this movie before? I grew up sneaking downstairs to watch the classic movie that ran every midnight, for cryin' out loud! And now that I have seen it, I want to see it again - yet every time I check the listings, it's not in them.


All this is fixable with a trip to the grocery store, the library, and the crossword section of the newspaper, but honestly. I think it's a good idea for me to sit down and do some nice meditative knitting or something, don't you?

No comments: