Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowhearts

In my experience, when the going gets tough, the tough get scissors.

Is there anything more relaxing than cutting out bits of things from felted wool scraps? And at this time of year, my preference is freehand hearts.

As you can see, I got carried away again.

After last year's drawer sachet extravaganza, I'm not really sure what I'll do with these. But they are nice to take pictures of in fresh snow.



Especially when you pose them in a pretty drift.

An older man I don't know strolled past when I took a break from shoveling on Saturday to take these pictures, and it was nice that he assumed I was doing it for some purpose. When I explained it was just that I just couldn't resist, he paused and said They do look very nice in the snow!

I should have made it Random Acts of Felt Hearts Day, and given him one. Perhaps I'll just fill my pockets next time I go out, and try to come home with none?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hadn't gotten to the end of this post when I thought, "Oh, she should totally leave them for people to find everywhere she goes!" And then you'd already had the same thought. Perfect. :-)

Kathleen Taylor said...

I am awed at your freehand heart cutting skill. My freehand hearts look much more anatomical (like human hearts, not so much with the roundy and the pointy and the symmetrical).

I love the notion of Random Felted Heart Day!