Monday, August 24, 2009

Justifiable procrastination

Today was supposed to be this year's big reorganization day. I've been working toward it for about a week by throwing out everything that isn't screwed to the floor (i.e. the drifts of meaningless paper and 2-years-expired foodstuffs) and pulling together various organizational aids like boxes and hooks and other props.

I've even been thinking about sewing custom behind-the-door caddies for things like wrapping paper and tape. Please, somebody. Stop me.

However, all that will have to wait because a friend got behind with her essential-grade baking and I offered to take on some of it. She has one of those awful medical conditions that requires a highly restrictive diet to keep it in check, and she's limited to things like baked goods made with almond flour.

Aren't I noble and virtuous to help her? I assure you it has nothing whatsoever to do with sorting through cardboard boxes of junk versus smelling the awesome aroma of things freshly baked with almond flour. Nothing at all. Ahem.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

ooooh- recipes please (if possible- or links). Almond flour sounds diabetes-friendly.