Monday, August 10, 2009

Make a friend date

Over the weekend, I ate some of those delicious candies whose wrappers have messages printed inside - you know the kind; the ones that are meant to simultaneously uplift and distract you from the calories you are consuming, so you will eat more and buy more etc.

(Not that I'm cynical.)

I dismiss most of these messages. I mean, "Be high maintenance?" How is that a recipe for peace and contentment?

But the 'make a friend date' wrapper is sitting with me. I think it means 'spend time with friends', but two days later I'm still wondering which buddy I could coerce into a romantic evening with some attractive person or other. And how to complete said coercion.

They really are very bossy candies, aren't they?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Tee-hee...reminds me of a book I once saw: "How to Make People Like You." I had to be convinced that it was not a treatise on cloning.