Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Curse of the Tiger-Etsy

Etsy is a thief of time. First it was the hand-dyed yarn, then it was the knitting needle organizers, and now it's vintagey aprons (suggesting an alarming shift to domesticity on my part), and the adorable felted flowers that my friend of the SumpnSassyisms has been making.

When you can go shopping from the comfort of your own sofa where you're supposed to be editing for a client or writing for your phantom some-day publisher, there's not much hope for procrastination-avoidance, is there? I suppose I should be grateful I avoided the temptation this long.

Maybe Etsy is a blessing though. Every time I look away from it and catch sight of my window, I have to ask myself: is it time I took down the heartstrings? They do kind of clash with the silver balls still hanging from the garland at the front of the house. Tell me I'm not the only one with Christmas deccies still up, 'kay? Even if you're lying. Because it's waaaay too cold to be out taking down garland.

2 comments:

TexNan said...

When you live in the south, and the sun's shining like it's July, I can't even imagine Christmas deccies. But you're allowed--all Canadians are. (Actually, I have a friend who lives in Georgia and dollars to donuts hers are still up and out.)

Kathleen Taylor said...

My Christmas stuff comes down before New Year's, but I tend to put it up around Halloween, so six of one...

Etsy is a time-suck, that's fer shure, but what a glorious one...