Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Procrastination R Me

Yesterday I... oh, I can barely bring myself to say it:

I procrastinated.

I really did! I spent about 2 hours taking and uploading photographs of something I designed, and wrapping a present, and then I went for a run (which I am still feeling today, ow ow owie), and then I spent about 3 hours backing up all my photographs with the shiny new CDs I purchased on the weekend. And then I toyed with supper ideas, and wiped down the top of my stove and dusted the fan cover over it.

The trouble was that the only project still left standing - apart from the novel, for which I am still not ready - was another very daunting design thing. I was scared to start.

Fortunately, I recovered in the evening and made good headway on the sample and even worked out a neat technique to solve the problem that was scaring me.

Moral of the story: If you're going to spend a whole day putting off the inevitable, you might as well accept it and clean the bathroom. Because nobody cares much about the top of the fan cover for the stove.

No comments: