Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Camper

It's been rainy, so I've been thinking about camping. It always rains when I camp. It's like I have a personal raincloud that follows along the highway, waits till the tent and tarp are up, and then dumps hours' worth of the wet stuff.

That's one reason I shouldn't like camping, and my allergies are another--I have horrible hayfever and though it's not as bad now as it used to be, it's still enough to make camping a misery with or without rain. The list doesn't stop there, it just gets even less interesting.

Maybe what I really like is playing cards and Scrabble?

Anyway I'm thinking about camping, and that means I'm thinking about Airstream trailers, which pretty much means I'm wasting a ton of time looking at Airstream brochures online.

A trailer would be so much more comfortable for playing cards and Scrabble with a runny nose and itchy eyes in the rain, don't you think? Almost as good as staying home in the first place, and better in some ways, because you're camping.

No comments: