Saturday, April 11, 2009

The desk stays

MAN, this thing is awesome! Thanks to the miracle weirdness of IKEA, the two separate legs I had to get so I could fit the desk over the left side of the rad, which juts out, attach to the bottom of the table slab... but the pedestal leg I needed to slide under the rad on the other side has bumpers on the top. The desk top just sits there.

I realize that doesn't make any sense so I'll translate into human: any time I want to move the desk to clean the window (ha) it's easy to flip out of the way. And that's great because as you can see, it's really wedged in. Well, maybe you can't see but there's more furniture on the left side too. I'd probably break something trying to shift it if the desk was all connected everywhere.


But cute, yes? Isn't it great how there's just enough space to tuck a stool under the desk in front of the rad so I'm not falling over a chair back when I'm reaching for the curtains?

Okay, so I'm probably not going to spend the rest of my life here or anything... but it sure is nice to have dedicated work space. And I especially love how the bottom accessible shelf lines up perfectly with the desk top.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

very very cool! and it looks like you can still use the lower shelf!

and what is this *wash the window* of which you speak?