Friday, April 10, 2009

Pigs in (my) Space

I watched The Muppet Show so religiously, I may never forget the echoing call of Pigs... In... Space. Especially on a day like this, when I am trying to wedge a desk into a pig of a space.

Yeah, it means losing access to part of the only bookshelf there's space for, but I only used that part for market bags and I can probably cram those someplace else. It also means I won't be able to get right in front of the shelf to pull down the heavy basket of recipe calendars and stuff I keep meaning to transpose into a real menu planner (like that's gonna happen) so I'll have to find another place for that. Probably means I won't be able to reach anything that's up in the far corner of the top shelf, now that I think of it, so I'd better keep very very light things in the basket, like... um, lint?

Okay: putting a desk in front of the window means I will never again be able to perch on the rad and breathe fresh air. I will be divided from it by about 2' of melamine-covered particleboard. And I will lose shelf space and have a harder time opening and closing the curtains and cleaning the window, which I'm pretty sure I did do once so I know it's possible I might want to again some day.

But I will have a desk by the window. Hmmm. I'll keep you posted about how this all works out, okay?

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

hurrah for the desk, but even more hurrahs for Pigs... In... Space....

I love Miss Piggy...