Monday, July 26, 2010

That old black magic

Things are changing here at Procrastination Central - I can tell because even though I am as full as ever of ideas that will take ages to figure out are unworkable, I am starting to go Zinnnnnng! more and more frequently about some stories I wandered off from about a year ago.

In fact, last night while I was spinning yarn because it was ever so much more urgent to do that than to sleep, some of the characters from those stories started chatting about what I was doing. This time, sleep was more urgent than writing down what they were saying, but I still remember their conversation this morning, and next time I will probably find sleep is not so important after all.

So, Ha! If I was going to be around my computer today, I would probably have a draft of another chapter to show for the day. Instead, I'll be having today's quiet time much farther than an arm's reach from same, and I really hate writing longhand... it takes me longer to get my thoughts down, and then I have to retype it all. Bleaccch. And yes, I've put a notebook into my bag anyway.

The main thing is that the writing is coming back, which means less procrastination, which will be weird.

Or maybe all my procrastinations will morph into responsibilities, and the writing will morph into procrastination? At least my life would remain balanced, and that's always a plus.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

I have always said that the story will let you know when the time is right. Sounds like the time is just about there.