Wednesday, July 7, 2010

When I grow up

Sometimes when I start a sentence with those four words people point out to me that I'm already grown up, an error in judgment I suppose is sort of understandable given that I have finished with braces and got a driver's license and grown grey hair and all that other growny-uppy stuff. But I'm not. I can tell because:

I don't have anybody to pack my stuff for me when I go on a holiday.

I know, I know, you're thinking that's another mark of growny-uppiness, like paying taxes and remembering to buy milk before you run out in the middle of your cereal. But not in my world. When I grow up, somebody is totally going to sort out my suitcase for me, so that getting ready for the vacation is part of the vacation. Instead of the vacation being something you have to recover from after it's over.

Still, nice to have vacation at all. And especially nice that it's not happening in a tent, because that is a lot of packing.

No comments: