Friday, August 29, 2008

Brain Food

If you love bread (and hate your body), you totally have to try the brioche recipe in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. And then eat the brioche with jam. Oh my. It's actually the easiest bread recipe I've ever made as well as the most foolproof. Just make sure you have a really really big lidded bowl before you start. This is the part where I pay homage to my dear friend Rosa, who invited me to a Tupperware party the month they were doing their giant bowls for $11 if you bought a bunch of other stuff, which I did. Never thought I'd need that thing and now I can see it taking up permanent status in my 'frig.

Yeah, so, baking brioche at 10pm is not a good plan during no-food-after-7pm week, but neither is getting insomnia at 2am when you have to be up at 5:30. Another not-so-good plan is to eat cereal and read The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge at 3am when you have to be up at 5:30. That book is just plain fascinating and I recommend it highly, for daytime use.

1 comment:

Jeff Hertzberg said...

I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I'm so glad our recipes are working well for you. Come visit us anytime at http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com, where you can post questions into any "Comments" field, or click on "Bread Questions" on the left side of the homepage and choose among the options.

Jeff Hertzberg
www.artisanbreadinfive.com

Chicago tribune video: http://us.macmillan.com/BookCustomPage.aspx?isbn=9780312362911&m_type=2&m_contentid=119255#video