Monday, June 21, 2010

Chocolate-covered bacon

I don't know how I missed the boat on the idea of coating bacon in chocolate, but that's been remedied now with a little taste of a Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar.

(yesterday after supper, not today after breakfast - I do have some standards! Breakfast chocolate must be in either steamed milk or bread. Honestly.)

My review: meh on the chocolate/bacon combo. I infinitely prefer the maple syrup/bacon combo that apparently inspired the bar I tasted. But the alderwood salt that was added to the bar... whoa. That's a different story. I didn't know salt could be so awesome!

Fortunately, I'm not nearly so addicted to salt as I am to chocolate, so I will be able to resist buying alderwood salt to sprinkle on apples, unbelievably amazing though that would be. Oh, it's good to be such a paragon of healthy eating.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

not sure about choc and bacon either, but salt... salt is another thing altogether. I am deeply enamoured with gourmet salts... here's my favorite place:
http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/

you have not tasted salt until you put garden tomato slices on a salt block....