Monday, November 9, 2009

My work here is done

Now that I've conquered all the leftover Halloween candy, is there really anything else sufficiently heroic for my many and varied skills? Okay, okay, maybe I'll stick around for the leaf-raking.

A friend of a friend says she had 650 kids to her door on Halloween, which boggles my mind. About 40 swung past my place. I tend to think of 100 as the magic number to prepare for, which means I've eaten 60 kids' worth of treats in the past two weeks. (with help, to be sure... but not that much help.)

If I'd had 650 kids to treat, I would have had zero leftover candy to conquer, and 550 tricks to clean up. I don't know which is more terrible, do you?

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

We're out in the country. We never get any trick or treaters except Grandkids, who drive out specifically so we can take a picture. I can't begin to imagine preparing for 500+ kids...