Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Toe, meet water

All the sweaters I've been snapping up - and I'm terrified to put my scissors near any of them. I'm so worried I'll mess up and ruin the felted fabric I love most! And this is especially true since my favourite changes every time I pick another one up. They are all paralyzingly unique.

However, I did manage to cut these pieces on Sunday afternoon, while watching Wuthering Heights.


They're from a pretty and very soft XXXXL men's Italian Merino cardi; too thin to be warm enough on their own, but an effective liner for another fabric, I think. I figured it was a good place to start since the sweater, post-felting, is still big enough to yield four or five pairs of mitts. That's enough to cover me while I figure out whether the pattern needs resizing.

How long do you think it will take me to cut pieces for the outer layer?

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Cool! Can't wait to see the finished mittens!