Saturday, July 5, 2008

Topcoat #1

Before I head out into Day Two of painting bliss, I'd like to say two things:
Eureka, I found solutions for a couple of huge problems in the plot of the current book and
Mosquitoes love biting unsuspecting people with paintbrushes in their hands.

but Ha! I had the foresight to purchase (if not to apply in advance) bug repellent from my local health food store and darned if the stuff didn't work! and no DEET in it or anything.

MQ7 Mosquito Repellent Lotion, if you're interested.

Which leads me to note a terrific place for productive procrastination: the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database, linked in Delay Tactics. Not only can you check to see how likely it is for your shampoo or skin cream to give you cancer, you can find safer (and in my experience, way cheaper) alternatives, and then spend even more time sourcing them. It's win-win.

No comments: