Friday, July 11, 2008

Writing Camp

H'mmm, that title sounds more interesting when you think of camp as a style, rather than as a place, which was what I had in mind when I signed up for a summer course that begins tomorrow.

Yes, tomorrow. After a week of really working hard and barely procrastinating at all and finally getting into the flow with the current draft of my current project, I'm taking off to Not Write in the big leagues, with other people who write and won't be writing for a week either! in theory at least.

My goal is to come home next week feeling relaxed, positive, and hopeful. There is a good chance, however, that I will come home stressed and in despair and absolutely sure that I will never again write anything worth publishing. Such is the nature of writing, which makes choosing to pursue it sound crazy, doesn't it? Until I listen to people comparing the terror factor of various roller coasters while drool trickles out of their mouths. Then I feel downright sensible.

No comments: