Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things I'm thankful for

I had my official turkey day in October, but I can never say no to a good old-fashioned blessings tally. So, beyond food, shelter, and social ties:

hot honey and lemon for colds
the popularity, and consequent availability, of slipper socks
being able to shop by mail and phone
the fact that my summer flowerpots are hard to see in the shrubbery
my Blundstone boots (and especially their Birkenstock insoles)
not being devastated when my most special nonfiction piece bombed
having chocolate in the house at the time anyway
being on time, most of the time
all the creative ideas in my head and
finally, enjoying knitting again.

Happy Thanksgiving, on both sides of the border!

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

That's a lovely list.

I am thankful for all of my online friends and their wonderful blogs. They keep me entertained, make me think, and keep my creative juices flowing.