Monday, December 1, 2008

The calm before the storm

I had a marvelous weekend. Other people were too sick to see me and I had no pressing reasons to leave the house, so I cleared up the disaster room that leads to my 'office' and purged said 'office' of recyclable paper, empty boxes, and yarn - which I then sorted out so I know what I have to work with.

Then I reconsidered my list of what I'm knitting and for whom, no small task, the number of projects now having reached 19. Can I knit 19 things in 20 days? And simultaneously shop and plan and prep for Christmas, a birthday, and a holiday dinner party?

Of course not, which means that of course I will attempt it anyway. And yet I keep being distracted by the Ravelry pattern page, where anything loaded by anyone appears as a new possibility. For example, this, or for the animal lover, this.

It's hard for me to resist these patterns, too... or these. You can see my dilemma.

3 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Those trees are a total hoot! 19 presents in 20 days is doable in a really insane way, but it's good to have a contingency plan for just in case- say 10 gifts in 19 days... or 3 gifts in 19 days and lots of chocolate instead...

I'm not knitting sweaters for anyone this year (except maybe myself), so my list is down to 5 pairs of socks and 1 scarf, and 1 pair of gloves to finish, so I might get them done (since 3 pairs of socks don't have to be done until New Year's Eve).

Karen said...

Mary. Step away from the yarn!
Seriously, woman, what are you thinking? 19 projects for 20 people in...how many days??? Even I wouldn't attempt such a thing.
Oh, wait. Actually, I might.
Never mind.
xoxo

Karen said...

p.s. the Blogger word verification thingy is being very silly today. Right now, the word is "peablest." I'm not sure what it means, but it has a ring to it.