Saturday, March 21, 2009

Browsing complete

Okay, what I said about not being ready to commit to organizational aids? Forget that. I've just finished a total reorg of the basement to accommodate a new cabinet with zippy fabric drawers in it, all set to keep yarn organized and visible yet dust-free.

It's amazing, really. Early this morning I published a pattern that's been gnawing at me for two weeks or so, and this afternoon I breezed by the chaos in the kitchen and the basement and focused on shifting furniture (with a slight break for sanding the floor after the filing cabinet won an argument with a threshold) and now - even though the house is twice as chaotic as before - I feel so free!

And if the new arrangement works out for more than a week, I'll have all my sewing and knitting and filing gear in one place, under excellent overhead lighting, for the first time in years. H'mmm. That might mean I'll be more inclined to sew, which probably doesn't bode well for writing. Curses! Foiled again.

No comments: