Wednesday, June 11, 2008

(Non) Celebrity Playlists

When I'm desperate for new writing (or Not Writing) music, I hunt around in celebrity playlists at iTunes for celebs I don't hate in case they've recommended anything I can live with. Or if I'm feeling catty, I'll check celebs I think are just moronic so I can feel smug about their horrid choices.

My best leads come from Everyman-type playlists though. So today I'm sharing a few of my own current favourites here, in this incredibly non-interactive format, where you will waste even more time flipping to different screens and copying and pasting to hear what these things sound like, assuming they are even new to you.

Big Beat (Touch and Go)
Chasing Pavements (ADELE)
The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room (Flight of the Conchords)
Fever - Adam Freeland Remix (from one of the Verve Remixes)
... and Sing Sing Sing (RSL remix) (ditto the adored Verve Remixes)
... and Soul Sauce (oh, just check out the Verve Remixes)
Hold your Secrets to your Heart (Miracle Fortress)
Time to Pretend (MGMT)
Perpetuum Mobile (Penguin Cafe Orchestra)

No comments: