Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Organizational Aids

Well, no amount of Airstream floorplans (or almost-not-astronomical pricing on the 25' International model) can blind me to the fact that I am all but literally swimming in paper. I don't know how that stuff gets into the house. You'd think I have a life or something.

But I also don't know how to make it stop, and you know what that means. Feats of organizational genius are in order! When reconfiguring what I already have fails me, as it usually does, I'll be all about IKEA desk accessories, back-of-the-closet-door racks, and locker trimmings and wall-mounted magazine holders from Staples. Shelves might even make the menu this time around.

This is what summer does to me: I turn into a squirrel, scuttling here and there in preparation for the long miserable winter to come. And then I can't figure out why I have to do all the same organizing over again in January.

Maybe I just like to not write for a day... or maybe I'm happier shoveling paper than snow?

No comments: