Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Great Pumpkin

Well, it is almost October, after all.

Yesterday I got another magazine in the mail with pumpkins on the cover, and once again I was tempted to do something fancy with the ones in front of my house this Hallowe'en. Letters that spell out Boo! or pictures of witches carved out with who knows what fine woodworking tool, or this year's addition - holes carved out of many different colours of gourd with an apple corer, then plugged with colours from different gourds. They're all cool and different.

On the other hand, if all these innovations keep up, and I go on with my traditional scary face and candle option, I'll eventually be cool and different myself.

I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day. And I'd rather put my energy into costumes. Sewing and gluing and painting, mmm. They take soooo much longer.

No comments: