Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And the winner is...

Not me.

I hope you're not shocked to hear that the finalist list for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's Literary Awards is out and I (or rather the story I submitted) am not on it.

It's usually hard for me to know exactly how to take that sort of thing. Should I submit a different kind of story another year, or more stories overall? Should I carry a lucky penny with me on a daily basis? Should I buy more chocolate?

But today, it's not hard at all. The meaning of not making the finalist list is: keep knitting. For a little longer, at least.

2 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

It's been one of those days for both of us. My guess is that chocolate will fill the bill. But in the meantime, keep knitting and writing- it'll happen!

Karen said...

Meh. You have an amazing gift for writing short stories, and one of these days that will be fully appreciated. I have faith.
Meanwhile, pass the choccies.