Friday, February 13, 2009

Reading list

A friend is reading The Devil in the White City (about nefariousness behind the scenes at the Chicago World Fair) and I'm thinking it sounds like a good read. So do the stack of New Yorkers sitting on my kitchen counter. I haven't read anything but knitting reference books and patterns for... gosh, I think it's more than a month.

Maybe this year, my valentine to myself should be a nice long lie down with a good book and a plate of chocolates. *That's* something I haven't done in... wow, seven years at least. I'm due, don't you think? Probably if I had the combined goodness of chocolate and words flowing into my brain at the very same time, all the right words for my novel would magically unfold there and I'd just have to type them.

I'd better get busy on these hats, yeah? If only to clear the sofa.

2 comments:

JMS said...

Oh honey! Not reading? How could you torture yourself like that? I haven't read anything in several weeks and it was starting to drive me batty! It's not that I didn't have anything to read, I just didn't have time! Then Hubby came home with a quick fun read called Tennessee Ghosts by Lynne L. Hall, and I've been breezing through it very enjoyably.

If you want a REALLY good read, though, try The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend it. It's good laying in bed with a plate of chocolate and a drink reading material!

TTFN
Jennifer @ Random Ramblings

Mary Keenan said...

oh MAN, The Red Tent. That one is still with me from a read several years ago - definitely one to recommend!