Thursday, February 11, 2010

Apple of my eye

I've really slacked off on baking this winter, which is weird for me, so yesterday I got out the gear for apple muffins. I use a pretty basic recipe and replace 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of oatmeal, and - done.

I've made them so much the last few years that a couple of Christmases back I was treated to this handy tool:


I pretty much only use it for grating apples, but it's been worth every penny of that other person's money in time saved and enjoyment gained.

Another tool bonus this time around:


First. Time. Ever. that all the muffins fell out of my stoneware pan without leaving some essential body part behind. It's officially seasoned, folks!

Still, the best part of muffin baking is the aftermath. On a cold snowy grey day, this is a pretty nice treat, don't you think?

No comments: