Friday, October 31, 2008

The Devil Inside

MAN that Bing Crosby is persuasive.

Yet oddly, in spite of having worked my way through at least 25 Halloween-sized candy bars yesterday, I weigh less today. Gwyneth Paltrow endorses 45 minutes' exercise a day plus 8 hours' sleep in her new issue of GOOP* and maybe that explains it. After a day-long special Halloween-prep episode of Headless Chicken, I ran from my computer and dove into bed a full 7 hours before I was required to be conscious again. Probably not the measured approach she was getting at but still. It's either that or being too busy to eat an actual meal on top of all the candy.

You won't catch me doing that today though. It's Halloween! I'll be buried in my storage room looking for the glow-in-the-dark horns on a headband I stored there last November 1st!


* for the record, I do not read GOOP. I read Jezebel.


* * * * * *

Okay, I can't find those horns anywhere, so I made this hat instead:


Happy Halloween, everybody!

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Great hat!
We live far enough out in the country that our only trick-or-treaters are grandgirls. I'd dress up but it's not worth the effort for 5 minutes (with girls who are antsy to get to more candy). Luckily, that means that I don't stock up on treats, so they're not here, calling to me.